This delightful soap not only smells fantastic it is also great for exfoliating your hands, making it the perfect gift for gardeners. And, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, you could make a bar or two to thank your mum. Decorate with a few rose petals and some twine, and you’re good to go.
What You Need:
- 1 ½ cups fine soap flakes
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 4 tbsps honey, warmed
- Bottle of rose essential oil
- Fresh rose petals
- Oatmeal flakes
1. In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of fine soap flakes with 3/4 cup of water.
2. Add half a cup of oatmeal to this paste and mix well.
3. Add up to 4 tbsps of warmed honey – you want to achieve a ‘putty like’ consistency.
4. Add 15 drops of rose oil.
5. Blend thoroughly and pour into moulds or form into soap balls.
6. Sprinkle some rose petals and oatmeal flakes on top and press in lightly.
7. Allow to dry overnight
8. Decorate with twine and sprinkle with some more rose petals.