1.Preheat the oven to 300F/150C fan/Gas 2.
2. To prepare, line a medium sized bread tin with greaseproof baking paper and lightly brush with butter.
3. Sieve the flour, sugar, and ginger into a bowl.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add in the syrup and treacle. Mix until combined together.
5. Gently pour the butter and syrup mixture into the dry flour ingredients and mix.
6. Then, in a separate bowl, beat the egg and milk, before adding it together with the other ingredients. Mix until smooth and well combined.
7. Now pour the mixture into the lined bread tin and bake for about an hour or until a fork can be inserted into the centre of the cake and comes out clean.
8. Once baked, remove from the oven and leave in the tin until completely cool.
9. When cool, the Parkin can be either eaten straight away (our prefered method :-)) or wrapped in greaseprroof paper and stored in a cake tin to keep moist.