Sea bass tastes great all year round as both a dinner party dish or a light supper. This recipe is an extremely simple, but delicious meal for two people that is packed full of colour and flavour.
Sea bass With Pesto Dressing
For the Pesto Dressing:
- 3 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 6 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan-Reggiano Cheese
For the Sea Bass:
- 2 Sea Bass Filets
- 4 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 6 Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Juice of a Lemon
- 1 Pinch of Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1. To prepare the fish, slash the sea bass diagonally on each side. Now carefully tuck the rosemary sprigs into the gut cavities and lightly brush over the fish with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt.
2. Now heat the olive oil (2 tbsp) in a pan and set to a medium heat and fry the sea bass skin-side down for 4 minutes. Turn the sea bass and fry for a further 4 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Once cooked, place the fish in a serving plate and dress with your favourite salad.
3. To make the pesto, simply blend all the pesto ingredients together in a food processor until you achieve a coarse texture and spoon the mixture over the sea bass.