When it’s rainy outside, there is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, than snuggled up on the sofa with a movie and a bowl of delicious comfort food!
This very simple recipe, is a lovely take on the classic dish, Macaroni Cheese and we think you will agree is the perfect solutions for brighten up a rainy day!
Mushroom Macaroni Cheese
- 300 Grams Cavatappi Pasta
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 60 Grams Butter
- 1/2 Onion (chopped finely)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (chopped finely)
- 150 Grams Flat Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 250 Mls Milk
- 100 Grams Cheddar Cheese
- 50 Grams Roquefort Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped finely)
Prepare the pasta and broccoli by boiling them in water in a saucepan.
2. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, and when melted add in the garlic cloves, chopped onion and mushrooms.
3. Once the mushrooms have cooked down, turn the heat down to a simmer, add the flour, cook the mixture for about 2 minutes, whilst constantly stirring.
4. Now add the milk until the mixture becomes a white sauce and then slowly add the Cheddar and Roquefort cheese and the mustard. Once the sauce has become a lovely gooey cheese consistency, remove from the heat so that it doesn't burn.
5. Once cooked, drain the pasta and broccoli and pour the sauce over them, until evenly covered and combined.
6. Place the mixture into a bowl and sprinkly with a little bit of parsley to garnish.