There is nothing more invigorating on a humid afternoon than this refreshing Morocco-inspired Mint Tea Cooler. Combining tart lemons, sweet brown sugar, fresh aromatic mint and thirst-quenching tea, this delicious mix tantalises the taste buds, while hinting at the exotica of Morocco. Perfect as a palette cleanser or after meal treat, serve your cooler from an authentic Moroccan tea set, for an easy yet impressive delivery.
Moroccan Mint Cooler
- 1 Jug of Water
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- 2 Lemon Flavoured Tea Bags (Or normal tea bags)
- Ice Cubes
- 4 Slices Lemon to Garnish
1. Fill a saucepan with water
2. Add two tablespoons of brown sugar and bring to the boil.
3. Turn off the heat and add your tea bag. Allow the tea to steep for three minutes before removing the tea bag.
4. Add lightly crushed mint leaves
5. Add the juice of two lemons
6. Chill mixture
7. Run a lemon slice around edge of your Moroccan tea glasses, then dip the rims in the remaining brown sugar
8. Fill your Moroccan tea glasses half full with crushed ice.
9. Pour your mint tea cooler over the ice
10. Garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint Serve any remaining mint tea cooler from a traditional Moroccan tea-pot.