What better to impress your dad with this Father’s Day than a gourmet burger? Perfect for popping on the BBQ or under the grill, these are really easy to make and taste delicious with sweet potato wedges or skin-on chips.
Father's Day Gourmet Beef Burgers
- 1 kg Beef Mince
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Handful Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Pickled Gherkin
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- Choice of Herbs
1. Preheat your grill to medium heat or light your BBQ.
2. Finely chop the onion, garlic cloves, parsley and gherkin.
3. Place all of these ingredients plus the mince, mustard, yolk, herbs and chilli flakes into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Shape the mixture into 8 burgers and brush with oil.
5. Cook on the BBQ or in a grill.
6. Serve on a soft sesame seed bun with your choice of toppings. A slice of beef tomato, lettuce, caramelised onion and a chunk of fresh avocado would work wonderfully, as well as a dollop of lemon mayonnaise.
7.Hold together with a wooden skewer for a professional look